There isn’t any time during the day to feel exhausted all the time just because you didn’t get a good rest the night before. If you are not refreshed each day upon awakening, the problem could very well be your pillow. Is it the correct one for you?
How to choose a pillow
Choosing the correct pillow for yourself can be very crucial in obtaining a good night’s rest. I compiled a short list below on what to look for when choosing a pillow.
- It is extremely important to purchase a pillow that will complement your mattress. Choosing the correct pillow will customize your level of relaxation.
- Ensure the pillow you choose has a substantial amount of airflow for a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Make it a point to choose one that keeps the spine in natural alignment in order to prevent muscle strain on the back of your neck and shoulders. Should this happen, it could very well cause obstructed breathing which may include snoring in turn, making sleep difficult?
- Make sure that the pillow you choose is not too low which can cause strained neck muscles. Keep your body’s measurements along with your personal preferences in mind when choosing the right pillow. A pillow should keep a height of 4 to 6 inches as it supports the head and the neck as well as the shoulders when lying on your back.
- You will need a pillow that will eliminate pressure points that encourage tossing and turning.
- Try to purchase a pillow that is Hypoallergenic which means it is created to minimize the occurrence of allergic reactions. Having allergies can be very annoying. It’s bad enough if you are bothered by them during the day. At night; however, you need to sleep without worrying about the side effects of certain allergies hampering your rest. Choosing a good hypoallergenic pillow can make a huge difference in the type of sleep you will experience.
- Don’t just settle for just any pillow. It is a fact that we spend approximately 24 years of our life sleeping. That’s a lot of time that should be spent sleeping peacefully. Why not take the time to choose the best pillow for a good night’s sleep?
The design is perhaps the last thing you need to consider before making your purchase. You need to select designs that will look fabulous with the room where you are planning to place your throw pillows. Some great designs to choose from include embroidered designs, silk designs, suede designs, and multi-colored or multi-patterned designs.